Archives

Catholic Women’s League marking 125 years of spreading charity, serving Christ

Sister Lea Stefancova, FSJB, an archivist for the Diocese of Peoria, and Gail Kruse (right), secretary for the Catholic Women's League, accept CWL files that had been stored at Bradley University from Linda Aylward, special collections assistant. The Peoria Historical Society had taken the materials in 1996 and stored them as part of Bradley's collection. (The Catholic Post/Tom Dermody)

Tracing the history of the Catholic Women’s League is like getting a glimpse of the last 125 years in central Illinois — and the United States. It started with a small group of women who came together on Feb. 20, 1894, “to sew and see what could be done for those who needed help in […]

Continue reading
SPALDING PASTORAL CENTER | 419 NE MADISON AVENUE | PEORIA, IL 61603 | PHONE (309) 671-1550 | FAX (309) 671-1595
© Copyright 2020 - The Catholic Post || 2 || All Rights Reserved || Design by TBare.com