October schedule for diocesan traveling monstrance begins Thursday in Walnut
The Diocesan Traveling Monstrance will be at eight parishes for Holy Hours on Mondays and Thursdays in August.
- Oct. 2: St. John the Evangelist, Walnut
- Oct. 5: Holy Cross, Mendota
- Oct. 12: St. Teresa, Earlville
- Oct. 16: Holy Trinity, Cherry
- Oct. 19: Nativity of Our Lord, Spring Valley
- Oct. 23: St. Mary, Peru
- Oct. 26: St. Patrick, Ottawa, and
- Oct. 30: Sts. Peter and Paul, Leonore
The Holy Hours generally begin at 6:30 p.m. While eucharistic adoration is at the heart of Holy Hours, they may also include a reading from Scripture, a reflection, and Benediction.
The traveling monstrance will go to every church in the Diocese of Peoria as part of the celebration of the National Eucharistic Revival in central Illinois. For a complete schedule, visit cdop.org/eucharisticrevival/traveling-monstrance.