August schedule for diocesan traveling monstrance begins Thursday in Rushville
The Diocesan Traveling Monstrance will be at nine parishes for Holy Hours on Mondays and Thursdays in August. They are:
- Aug. 3: St. St. Rose of Lima, Rushville;
- Aug. 7: St. Mary, Hamilton;
- Aug. 10: Sts. Peter and Paul, Nauvoo;
- Aug. 14: St. Bernard, Bushnell;
- Aug. 17: St. Augustine, St. Augustine;
- Aug. 21: Sacred Heart, Abingdon;
- Aug. 24: Corpus Christi, Galesburg;
- Aug. 28: St. John the Apostle, Woodhull; and
- Aug. 31: St. Maria Goretti, Coal Valley.
The Holy Hours generally begin at 6:30 p.m. While eucharistic adoration is at the heart of the Holy Hours, they may also include a reading from Scripture, a reflection, and Benediction.
The traveling monstrance will go to every church in the Diocese of Peoria as part of the celebration of the National Eucharistic Revival in central Illinois. For the complete schedule, visit cdop.org/eucharisticrevival/traveling-monstrance.