Knights bringing Pilgrim Icon of St. Joseph to Heart of Peoria parishes
Two local Knights of Columbus councils are making available a Pilgrim Icon of St. Joseph for veneration in the parishes of the Heart of Peoria Catholic Community this month, starting at St. Joseph Church, 103 Richard Pryor Place, in Peoria.
The display and veneration of the icon will start with the 4 p.m. Mass on Saturday, March 11. The schedule also includes:
- Sunday, March 12: St. Bernard Church, 511 E. Kansas St., at the 8:30 a.m. Mass, and Sacred Heart Church, 504 Fulton St., at the 10 a.m. Mass.
- Monday-Wednesday, March 13-15: Sacred Heart at the 12:05 p.m. Mass.
- Thursday-Friday, March 16-17: St. Joseph at the 6 p.m. Spanish Mass.
- Saturday, March 18: Sacred Heart at the 7:30 a.m. Mass.
- Sunday, March 19: St. Mary’s Cathedral, 607 N.E. Madison Ave., at the 10:30 a.m. Mass in English and the 12:15 p.m. Mass in Spanish.
- Monday, March 20, the Solemnity of St. Joseph: St. Mary’s Cathedral for the 7 a.m. Mass, and Sacred Heart for the 12:05 p.m. Mass.
The Pilgrim Icon of St. Joseph is being sponsored by the Knights of Columbus, St. Clement Council 12407 and Fulton J. Sheen Council 16235. It is the latest icon to be part of the fraternal organization’s Pilgrim Icon Program and is especially meaningful for Supreme Knight Patrick Kelly, who has entrusted his service to St. Joseph.
Organizers said that with the pilgrim icon, Kelly hopes to encourage the Knights and their communities to “turn in prayer to St. Joseph, give thanks to God for the gift of fatherly example, and ask St. Joseph to be a father to us” as we seek to “grow in our own imitation of St. Joseph’s quiet strength, integrity and fidelity.”
For more information, contact John Wikoff at email@example.com.