‘Totus Tuus’ weeks for youth are set at 24 sites across Diocese of Peoria this summer
Twenty-four sites throughout the Diocese of Peoria will host “Totus Tuus” weeks this summer, providing Catholic children in grades 1-12 a prayer-filled and fun environment to help them come closer to Christ.
“Totus Tuus” is a Latin phrase that means “totally yours.” It was St. John Paul II’s motto to describe his dedication to Jesus through Mary.
The weeks are led by creative and enthusiastic missionary teams of young adults trained and coordinated by the diocesan Office of Priestly Vocations. Sessions for younger children take place in the day, while those in older grades gather in the evenings. This year’s theme is “The Virtues and Joyful Mysteries,” and the hosting parishes and dates are as follows.
- June 12-17: St. Paul, Macomb; Ottawa Catholic Community; St. Jude, Peoria; St. Mary, Pontiac
- June 19-24: St. Michael the Archangel, Streator; St. Edward, Chillicothe; St. Mark, Peoria; St. Philomena, Monticello
- June 26 to July 1: Immaculate Conception, Monmouth; St. Vincent de Paul, Peoria; Danville Vicariate; Blessed Sacrament, Morton
- July 10-15: Epiphany, Normal; St. Patrick, Urbana; St. Louis, Princeton; St. Mary, Metamora
- July 17-22: Our Lady of the Lake, Mahomet; St. Mary of the Woods, Princeville; Galesburg parishes; St. Mary, Metamora
- July 24-29: St. Mary, Canton; St. Patrick Church of Merna, Bloomington; St. Malachy, Geneseo; St. Anne, East Moline.