Those grieving a loved one are invited to gather via Zoom on Wednesday evenings
Those mourning the loss of a loved one are invited to take part in a biweekly gathering via Zoom sponsored by Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Peoria starting on Wednesday evening, March 9.
Six spring sessions of the “Wounded Healers” grief group have been scheduled. Registration materials and the link for the Zoom meetings can be found by clicking here. Those with questions about the series are invited to call Deacon Tom Mueller at (309) 251-1868.
The online gatherings take place from 5:30 to 7 p.m. every other Wednesday. Each meeting will feature a brief talk followed by discussion. Participants can join at any point in the series. The dates, topics, and presenters include:
- March 9 — “What Does Grief Look Like?” (Sister Diane Marie Vande Voorde, OSF)
- March 23 — “Depression and Anxiety: Learning to Live with the Ache of the Heart” (Liz Polluck)
- April 6 — “New Relationships After the Death of a Loved One” (Msgr. Philip Halfacre)
- April 20 — “Dealing with Losing a Loved One via Death by Suicide” (Father Joseph Dondanville)
- May 4 — “Spiritual Growth through Redemptive Suffering” (Father John Verrier)
- May 18 — “Living in the New Normal: Don’t Lose Your Sense of Humor” (Msgr. Paul Showalter)