Several communities to host public square rosaries on Saturday, Oct. 16
Public Square Rosary rallies are planned for next Saturday, Oct. 16, around the Diocese of Peoria. They will be among 20,000 rosary rallies held across the United States on that day, chosen because of its nearness to the anniversary of the Miracle of the Sun, which occurred in Fatima on Oct. 13, 1917.
Gatherings made know to The Catholic Post include:
- Holy Trinity Church, the corner of Center and Chestnut streets in Bloomington. Prayers begin at noon.
- St. Malachy Church, 595 E. Ogden Ave., in Geneseo. It will take place at noon, near the main entrance to the church. Those who attend are asked to bring lawn chairs.
- Memorial Park, on South Main Street in Morton. It begins at noon. Contact Deacon Kevin Zeeb, (309) 657-6320 with questions.
- Holy Family Church, 3720 N. Sterling Ave., in Peoria. It will begin at noon.
- St. Mark Church, 1113 W. Bradley Ave., in Peoria. It will be held in the parking lot at 10:30 a.m. Bring portable chairs.
- St. Sharbel Church, 2914 W. Scenic Drive, in Peoria. Meet at noon at the Blessed Mother Shrine.
- For more locations, check your parish bulletin, website or Facebook page.