Bishop Tylka’s July parish prayer calendar
Coadjutor Bishop Louis Tylka has been praying for each parish in the Diocese of Peoria by name this year, thanks to a calendar he developed with the assistance of Sister Linda Burkitt of the Sisters of St. Francis of the Immaculate Conception (Heading Avenue Franciscans). The prayer calendar also includes days special to the religious communities active in central Illinois.
To join him in prayer, the following parishes and religious communities are being remembered in July:
- July 1: St. Thomas the Apostle Parish, Peoria Heights
- July 3: St. Thomas Parish, Philo
- July 4: St. Patrick Parish, Washington
- July 6: St. Maria Goretti Parish, Coal Valley
- July 16: The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, East Peoria and Peoria
- July 17: St. Hyacinth Parish, LaSalle
- July 22: St. Mary Parish, Delavan
- July 25: St. James Parish, Williamsfield
- July 26: St. Ann Parish, Toluca
- July 27: St. Anne Parish, East Moline
- July 28: Sacred Heart Parish, Rock Island
The parishes and religious communities being prayed for in August will be included in the Aug. 1 issue of The Catholic Post.