Pray with Bishop Tylka: Here is his parish, religious community prayer list for April
Since the beginning of the year, Coadjutor Bishop Louis Tylka has been praying for the parishes of the Diocese of Peoria by name with the help of a prayer calendar. It was developed with the assistance of Sister Linda Burkitt of the Sisters of St. Francis of the Immaculate Conception (Heading Avenue Franciscans). In addition to the parishes, the calendar includes days special to the religious communities active in central Illinois.
April prayer intentions include:
- April 6: Servants of the Holy Heart of Mary, Champaign
- April 11: Contemplative Sisters of St. John, Princeville
- April 14: St. Patrick Parish, Ottawa
- April 20: St. Patrick Parish, Colona
- April 25: St. Mark Parish, Peoria
- April 28: Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, Peoria
- April 29: St. Catherine Parish, Aledo
- April 30: Holy Family Parish, Oglesby
The parishes and religious communities being prayed for in May will be included in the April 25 issue of The Catholic Post.