‘The Dynamic Deacon’ to lead mission June 10-16 at parish in Rapids City
RAPIDS CITY — Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers, “The Dynamic Deacon,” will give a weeklong parish mission in June at St. John the Baptist Church, 1416 Third Ave.
All of the weekday sessions will begin at 7 p.m. and include the following topics:
- Monday, June 10: “Covenant Relationship and the Theology of the Body,”
- Tuesday, June 11: “Made in His Image: Family Life Today,”
- Wednesday, June 12: “Apologetics 101,”
- Thursday, June 13: “Truth, Freedom, and the Human Person,” and
- Friday, June 14: “Apocalyptic Awakening: The Message of the Blessed Virgin Mary for Our World.”
Deacon Harold’s topic for Saturday, June 15, is “Rich in Mercy: Finding Healing in God’s Mercy.” This session will begin at 9 a.m.
The closing session, “Go and Make Disciples: The Call to Evangelization,” will be held at 1 p.m. on Sunday, June 16.
There is no charge to attend the mission, although a free-will offering will be accepted each day.
A permanent deacon of the Archdiocese of Portland, Oregon, Deacon Harold is the founder and director of DeaconHarold.com, a Christian evangelization and apologetics organization. It is dedicated to the spreading and promoting Catholic values, principles and teaching.
For more information go to stjohnstmaryqc.org or call (563) 570-2376