Public Square Rosary rallies planned across diocese at noon on Saturday
Several locations in the Diocese of Peoria are hosting simultaneous local prayers this Saturday, Oct. 13, in conjunction with a Public Square Rosary Crusade coordinated nationally by the group America Needs Fatima.
The rallies to pray for our country take place annually on the closest Saturday to Oct. 13, the feast of Our Lady of Fatima and the date of the last apparition of Our Lady and the Miracle of the Sun in Portugal. This year marks the 101st anniversary of that event.
The rallies are at noon unless otherwise noted. Locations made known to The Catholic Post include the following:
- BLOOMINGTON: 11:45 a.m., at the corner of Chestnut and Center streets.
- KEWANEE: The lawn of Saint John Paul II Parish (Visitation Church), 410 W. Central Blvd. Contact parish office, (309) 852-4549.
- GALVA: Wiley Park Pavilion, N.W. 2nd St. Contact Deacon John Holevoet, (309) 932-3464.
- GENESEO: Meet at the main entrance of St. Malachy Parish, 595 E. Ogden Ave. Bring a lawn chair if unable to stand for the rosary. Contact Jolene Thompson, (309) 944-5966.
- GRANVILLE: Boggio’s Orchard, Illinois Route 71. Coordinated by Sacred Heart Parish, Granville and St. Patrick Parish, Hennepin. Gathering at Sacred Heart Church parking lot at 11:40 a.m. to carpool to Boggio’s. In case of rain, the rosary will be recited in the church.
- METAMORA: St. Mary Church, 415 W. Chatham.
- PEORIA: The parking lot of St. Mark Church, 1113 W. Bradley Ave.
- ROCK ISLAND: In front of St. Pius X Church, 2502 29th Ave. Contact Deacon Paul Martin, (309) 236-1715.
- THOMASBORO: St. Elizabeth of Hungary Church, 100 Church St. Contact Christine Walsh, (217) 840-6749.
- For more information and potential other sites in the diocese, visit americaneedsfatima.org.
Last Sunday, nearly a dozen parishes in the Diocese of Peoria took part in the national Rosary Coast to Coast campaign.