Local sites in diocese to join national rosary campaigns next two weekends
Several locations in the Diocese of Peoria are hosting local prayers in conjunction with national rosary events on the following two weekends.
At least eight sites in the diocese will take part in the Rosary Coast to Coast Project at 3 p.m. this Sunday afternoon, Oct. 7. Meanwhile, several others will host Public Square Rosary Crusade rallies at noon on Saturday, Oct. 13, in honor of Our Lady of Fatima.
The Coast to Coast Rosary Project — which calls Catholics across the country to pray to God through the intercession of Our Lady of the Rosary for the United States — is the culmination of a 54-Day Novena for Our Nation coordinated by The Holy League.
Participating sites and local contacts listed at rosarycoasttocoast.com include the following, with starting times at 3 p.m. unless otherwise listed:
- BLOOMINGTON: St. Mary Church, 527 W. Jackson St. Contact Dr. Anthony Pecora, (309) 750-9062.
- DANVILLE: St. Paul Church, 1303 N. Walnut. Contact Mary Timmons, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GENESEO: Meet at the front of the St. Malachy Parish main entrance, 595 E. Ogden Avenue. Contact Jolene Thompson, (309) 944-5966.
- HAVANA: St. Patrick Church, 437 S. Orange St., includes Holy Hour of eucharistic adoration and rosary with participation also including members of St. Mary, Lewistown, and Immaculate Conception, Manito. Contact Father David Whiteside, email@example.com, (309) 740-1495.
- MOLINE: Christ the King Church, 3209 60th St., contact Diane Van Acker at pat-dianevanacker@sbcglobal .net.
- PRINCETON: Veterans Park on South Main Street; gathering at 2:45 p.m., with rosary to begin at 3 in conjunction with the Respect Life Sunday Prayer Chain. Contact Rita Tracey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WASHINGTON: With a statue of Our Lady of Fatima leading the way, participants will process from St. Patrick Church, 705 E. Jefferson, to the downtown square (a distance of three-fourths of a mile), singing Marian hymns as they walk. The Glorious Mysteries of the rosary will be prayed at the square. Contact Tomaz Fleury at email@example.com.
- VIOLA: St. John Church, 1101 21st St., contact St. Catherine Parish in Aledo, (309) 582-7500.
PUBLIC SQUARE ROSARIES ON OCT. 13
On the following Saturday, several parishes will take part in simultaneous rosaries prayed in public locations across the nation. The Public Square Rosary Crusade is coordinated by America Needs Fatima. The rallies to pray for our country take place annually on the closest Saturday to October 13, the feast of the last apparition of Our Lady of Fatima and the Miracle of the Sun. This year marks the 101st anniversary of that event.
The rallies are at noon unless otherwise noted. Locations made known to The Catholic Post include the following:
- KEWANEE: The lawn of St. John Paul II Parish (Visitation Church), 410 W. Central Blvd. Contact parish office, (309) 852-4549.
- GALVA: Wiley Park Pavilion, N.W. 2nd St., Contact Deacon John Holevoet, (309) 932-3464.
- GENESEO: Meet at the main entrance of St. Malachy Parish, 595 E. Ogden Ave. Bring a lawn chair if unable to stand for the rosary. Contact Jolene Thompson, (309) 944-5966.
- METAMORA: St. Mary Church, 415 W. Chatham.
- PEORIA: The parking lot of St. Mark Church, 1113 West Bradley Ave.
- ROCK ISLAND: In front of St. Pius X Church, 2502 29th Ave. Contact Deacon Paul Martin, (309) 236-1715.
- THOMASBORO: St. Elizabeth of Hungary Church, 100 Church St. Contact Christine Walsh, (217) 840-6749.