Masses moved as St. Ambrose Parish, Milan, begins church building upgrade

Donning shovels for ceremonial groundbreaking outside St. Ambrose Church in Milan on April 30 were (from left) Charlie McGuire, building committee; Zach Sottos, project manager from Centennial Contractors; Ed Wegscheid, building committee; and Father Charles Klamut, pastor of St. Ambrose Parish. Bert Caitlin holds the sign at left. Not present for the photo was Cal Heiar of the building committee. (Provided photo)

 

MILAN — Groundbreaking and blessing ceremonies took place April 30 at St. Ambrose Parish here for a long-awaited church building upgrade.

Parish families are continuing to gather funds for remodeling projects including an addition to the rear of the church for restrooms and a gathering area, a handicap ramp at the south entrance, flooring, lighting, paint, newly upholstered kneelers and pews, and a new roof.

Effective April 29, the parish will continue its regular Mass schedule at the parish center. Contractors estimate it will be six to seven months before a return to the remodeled church.

Father Charles Klamut, pastor, expressed gratitude to all who have contributed to the “Renew and Restore” campaign. Past parishioners and others wishing to assist financially are invited to call St. Ambrose Parish at (309) 787-4593.

 

SPALDING PASTORAL CENTER | 419 NE MADISON AVENUE | PEORIA, IL 61603 | PHONE (309) 671-1550 | FAX (309) 671-1595
© Copyright 2020 - The Catholic Post || 2 || All Rights Reserved || Design by TBare.com