Catholic high schools, academies of diocese set graduation ceremonies for 612
Graduation ceremonies are scheduled this month at the seven Catholic high schools and academies in the Diocese of Peoria. A total of 612 seniors are expected to receive diplomas.
Two schools have planned ceremonies for next weekend, May 14-15. They include:
- St. Bede Academy in Peru, which will host a baccalaureate Mass at 7 p.m. on Saturday, May 14. The school’s 65 seniors will receive diplomas the following day during 2 p.m. ceremonies. Both events are in the Abbey Church.
- Schlarman Academy in Danville will award diplomas to 20 seniors during ceremonies that begin with a 3 p.m. Mass at St. Paul Church on Sunday, May 15.
Schools that will host graduations on Sunday, May 22, include:
- Central Catholic High School in Bloomington. A Mass followed by graduation ceremonies for the school’s 73 seniors is planned for 2 p.m. at Holy Trinity Church.
- The High School of Saint Thomas More in Champaign, where 79 seniors will take part in a 2 p.m. Mass and graduation activities in the school gym.
Commencement exercises at the final three schools will be on Sunday, May 29.
- Alleman High School in Rock Island will distribute diplomas during 1 p.m. ceremonies at Centennial Hall of Augustana College. The school’s 112 seniors will also take part in a baccalaureate Mass planned for 7 p.m. on Thursday, May 26, at Christ the King Church in Moline.
- Peoria Notre Dame will hold baccalaureate Mass and graduation ceremonies for 184 seniors at the Peoria Civic Center starting at 2 p.m.
- Marquette Academy’s 79 seniors will receive diplomas during 3 p.m. ceremonies in the school’s Bader Gym in Ottawa. A Baccalaureate Mass will be celebrated at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 22, at St. Patrick Church.