St. Ambrose Parish, Milan, tops $760,000 in capital campaign

An artist's rendering of the entrance to St. Ambrose Church in Milan after an addition is built as part of improvements funded by the "Restore and Renew" capital campaign.

MILAN — Construction of an addition to St. Ambrose Church and other parish facility improvements will begin in early 2016 thanks to the success of a “Restore and Renew” capital campaign.

Parishioners have committed more than $760,000 to date, reported Father Charles Klamut, pastor, in a mid-December report.

In addition to the church addition, the campaign is raising funds to renovate the church, rectory and parish center. When complete, the church will have an entrance and restrooms that are wheelchair accessible, an expanded gathering place for parishioners to visit before and after Masses, a dedicated “bride’s room,” and an air-conditioned fellowship hall with a commercially compliant kitchen.

The project also calls for new roofs and siding for the church and rectory, and restoration of the church’s stained glass windows.

More than 50 volunteers worked on the campaign, and 251 members and friends made contributions to its success. Assisting the parish’s effort was Walsh and Associates, Church Fundraising Specialists, a Minnesota-based consulting firm.

Construction is expected to begin in January with partial renovation of the parish center to accommodate the celebration of weekend Masses while restoration and expansion of the church takes place during the spring and summer months. The project is expected to be completed before the end of 2016.

SPALDING PASTORAL CENTER | 419 NE MADISON AVENUE | PEORIA, IL 61603 | PHONE (309) 671-1550 | FAX (309) 671-1595
© Copyright 2020 - The Catholic Post || 2 || All Rights Reserved || Design by TBare.com